SunTrust Names Anil Cheriyan New Chief Information Officer
SunTrust announced on March 9 that Anil Cheriyan has been named the Company's new Chief Information Officer. He will join SunTrust on April 2, 2012, and report to Chairman and Chief Executive Officer William H. Rogers, Jr.
Mr. Cheriyan succeeds Tim Sullivan, who has served as Chief Information Officer since 2003 and is retiring.
"Anil Cheriyan brings outstanding technology experience and expertise leading transformational systems initiatives," said Mr. Rogers. "Technology's role in the banking business cannot be overstated. From responding to evolving client preferences in the way they want to bank and manage their finances, to developing new and more effective and efficient means of safeguarding information security and processing transactions, technology will remain a critical aspect of our growth and operating strategy."
Mr. Cheriyan, 54, joins SunTrust from IBM Global Business Services, where he has served as a Senior Partner serving financial services industry clients and led a variety of business systems transformation, technology and process re-engineering initiatives. Prior to joining IBM in 2002, he was a Partner with PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting (PwCC) and served in leadership roles on a variety of systems, customer information, data warehousing and e-business engagements. Previously he was a Senior Consultant with Electronic Data Systems (EDS) and Information Services Manager for TVS Clayton, Ltd.
Mr. Cheriyan earned his Bachelor of Science in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, as well as his Master of Science and Master of Philosophy degrees in Management, from Imperial College in London.
Social Media Corner
Subscribe ATLANTA TREND
Coca-ColaCompany ID [NYSE:KO] Last trade:40.68 Trade time:4:01PM EDT Value change:▲0.13 (0.32%)
HomeDepotCompany ID [NYSE:HD] Last trade:113.13 Trade time:4:01PM EDT Value change:▼0.48 (-0.42%)
DeltaCompany ID [NYSE:DAL] Last trade:43.26 Trade time:4:01PM EDT Value change:▼1.70 (-3.78%)
NCRCompany ID [NYSE:NCR] Last trade:29.00 Trade time:4:03PM EDT Value change:▼0.51 (-1.73%)
- MWV and RockTenn Announce Executive Leadership Team for Combined Company
- The Coca-Cola Company Announces Timing of Earnings Release and Investor Conference Call
- Delta to serve as national sponsor for Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation
- Elavon and Amadeus team up to make booking and paying for flights more seamless for travelers
- Southern Company CEO receives national award for leading nuclear development with Vogtle construction
- Scientific Games Named One of Georgia's Top 40 Most Innovative Technology Companies
- First Data Appoints Bill Bradley Chairman of International Advisory Board